Thursday, May 28, 2015

Strawberry Mojito



After a long day of picking strawberries with your kids, you deserve an adult beverage! Look no further than this Strawberry Mojito. It's minty, refreshing, and - of course - delicious. If you want to up your "buy local" game, swing by Blue Heron Herbary on your way home from our berry fields to pick up a mint plant. Trust me. The herbary will not disappoint.

I found this recipe on the blog White On Rice Couple. Their pretty pictures inspired me!

Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1.5 ounces simple syrup
3 fresh strawberries
4-5 mint sprigs (I sliced mine into smaller pieces)
soda water
1/2 lime
2 ounces light rum

Directions:

In a glass, muddle the simple syrup, strawberries and mint leaves together. Crush everything well.

Squeeze lime juice into the glass, add rum, and stir well. Fill glass with ice and top off with soda water.

Garnish with mint sprigs or strawberry slices. (I did both!)






No comments:

Post a Comment